Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Top Five Study Apps!

Hey guys!!

One thing most people notice about me is that my eyes are constantly glued to my phone. I am always on social media, or watching YouTube video's, or editing photo's. Honestly, it can be hard to separate myself from my device at times. My "rock bottom" moment came when I calculated one day that I had spent practically 4 to 5 hours on my phone alone... no school done at all.

 Realizing I needed to do something productive but that my phone was such a huge distraction- I decided to go looking for apps that would help me organize my time and ultimately my school life.
Here are 5 apps I found to be pretty handy in achieving productivity:



1. Quizlet

With this amazing app, you can search for chapters from different homeschool curriculum on Quizlet and you will actually find flashcards of terms from that chapter readily available to study over your phone. Not ALL home school curricula (or chapters from these homeschool curricula) are available over Quizlet, but you'd be suprised at how much is. If the chapter of the book you are using is not already listed in the thousands of study decks on Quizlet, you can simply make a deck of your own and be the deck others go to, to study that same chapter.




2. Focus Keeper

If you just can't keep track of how much time you're actually spending on school because you keep getting distracted, focus timer would be a great solution for you. I am not certain if this app is available on the android market however, it is available on the apple market. This app is a pomodoro technique timer, which means it is responsible for timing your study session, breaks, and keeping track of how many times you do both in order to complete your desired study session time.




3. Any.Do

Any.Do is for the daily goal setter crowd. It keeps track of what you want to get done for the day, when you want to get it done that day, and what you want to get done for the rest of the week/month/year. A pretty cool feature about this app is that it rewards you for your completed tasks. So lets say you finally complete that english paper you had to get done or grading that math worksheet; When you mark it as completed on the app, it will reward you with a coupon for a certain product or service. Pretty neat right?






4. My.Homework

I can truly say this one comes in the most handy in planning on more than just a daily scale. My.Homework keeps track of your classes, class schedules, assignments, deadlines, and events. It's great for those who may have outside classes.









5. StudyBlue

StudyBlue is similar to Quizlet in that it is an online flashcard system, but StudyBlue is a little more advanced and creative in terms of testing while Quizlet contains many more decks by other users.          






When I am using these apps my days are not only organized but so much more enjoyable.
One quote you should always remember is, "Do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do!". You'll be able to have fun without having to ignore the stress you feel about accomplishing something else if you do so.

Stay focused!<3

-Self-Taught Study Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment